Recieving data from a JBUS RS485 Serial Communication protocol

Good day users!

To start of I would like to say that I am new to this forum and have come to you in despair. I am a rookie when it comes to arduino (I have written some code for servo motor and simple lights activation). I have also not been in contact with MODBUS protocols before this project but have gathered information doing aimless searching online.

The project I am trying to carry out is reading data from a AXA2200 GPU (Manual of AXA2200 and Serial Communication protocols added below) and receiving this data on (for now) a PC. End goal would be to send this data over a datacom connection.

Let me start easy and ask the following questions to anyone who might be able to help me out :

• Would it be possible to connect an adruino direclty to the RS485 connection on the AXA2200?
  • If so, which arduino would you advice to use and why?

I know this is an ambitious project and I might not even be on the correct forum asking this question, but I have hit a wall and would appericiate any advice you could provide.

Please also tell me if I am in the wrong place asking these questions and if so I am sorry.

Kinds regards,

Sific

AXA2200_MainCircuit_Instrumentation_Diagram.pdf (154 KB)

AXA2200_Manual.pdf (952 KB)

AXA2200_Serial_Communication.pdf (102 KB)

Would it be possible to connect an adruino direclty to the RS485 connection on the AXA2200?

You could, of course, connect it but the Arduino uses/expects/needs TTL level signals of between 0V and 5V so you would need a converter between the two devices

@sific, for some reason you sent me a PM about this, but I have no experience in this area.

...R