recommanded high power stepper driver board..?

Hello,

I want to operate stepping engines in bipolar paralell mode.

The steppers which I use are the JK60H88-2008/ NEMA23.

Unipolar 2,0 A
Bipolar ser. 1,4 A
Bipolar par. 2,8 A

Currently I am using the Arduino motor shields r3 to operate the steppers in bipolar seriel mode, which takes 1,4 A.

This works fine.

However I want to switch to bipolar paralell mode, for performance reasons...

Bipolar paralell mode takes 2,8 A, which is above the specification of the Arduino motor shilds (2A)...

Can anyone recommand a stepper driver board, which works as a kind of amplifier for the Arduino motor shilds...???

In my application I have two steppers - for a CnC application....

Br,

Andreas and thx for the help

Andreas1984:
Hello,

I want to operate stepping engines in bipolar paralell mode.

The steppers which I use are the JK60H88-2008/ NEMA23.

Unipolar 2,0 A
Bipolar ser. 1,4 A
Bipolar par. 2,8 A

Currently I am using the Arduino motor shields r3 to operate the steppers in bipolar seriel mode, which takes 1,4 A.

This works fine.

Over what range of speeds? The standard motor shields are useless for driving steppers at high speeds.

Andreas1984:
However I want to switch to bipolar paralell mode, for performance reasons...

You won't get better performance by switching to parallel mode, if you are already running the windings at maximum current. What will give you better performance - especially at higher stepping speeds - is to use a constant-current stepper driver chip and a higher supply voltage. An A4988-based board with a heatsink should just about be OK @ 1.4A, and these are available inexpensively from Pololu and eBay.

EDIT: Pololu also sells a stepper driver controller that is good to 1.5A without a heatsink, see Pololu - DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier, High Current.