Recommendation for sound sensor, vibration sensor and liquid level sensor

Hello,

I am looking for the following sensor types:

a) Sound sensor

b) Vibration sensor

c) Liquid level sensor (oil)

The use case behind is the following:

There are many engines, which give of a specific sound and vibration.

When over time one or more of this engines is getting faulty, it often happens that it changes its sound and vibration.

So the sensors should capture these values, and send them on an continuing basis to a server.

On the server is a software, which analyzes these values and gives alarm once certain thresholds is reached.

The liquid level sensor is needed for detecting oil levels of certain engines.

The liquid level should in best case be detected without any steps.

I have all the software to transmit the data to the central and also the central software is ready.

All I need is to find the best suitable sensors for this application.

Maybe you have some recommendations for the sensors for the given use case.

Thanks in advance.

Kr, Andreas

Andreas1984: a) Sound sensor

Based on your requirements: look for a good quality microphone. This is out of scope of the Arduino world due to the high amount of data coming out of it (you'll want at least CD-quality, i.e. 44 kHz 16-bit, digitising of your signal). Your computer will have a lot of sound processing to do.

c) Liquid level sensor (oil)

This is the hard one, as it depends very much on the actual geometry of the oil container, and (to a lesser extent) on the type of oil, particularly the flammability, as the last thing you want is to risk sparks coming off your sensor. I think you best bet is going to be some form of capacitive sensor, but I'm not sure how well that works in organic, non-polar liquids.

you can measure the weight of the container holding the liquid

Not when the container is part of an engine of unknown weight (the weight of the oil is just a small fraction of it), and all kinds of wires, hoses, and whatnot attached to it…

wvmarle:
Not when the container is part of an engine of unknown weight (the weight of the oil is just a small fraction of it), and all kinds of wires, hoses, and whatnot attached to it…

true