Recommendations for a servo

I have a T-800 head that is 3d printed. It is pretty light weight. I just want it to be able to rotate left, and right. There are so many servos that I’m not sure the correct one to get for my purposes.

I have attached an image with things that show the skull size. It is not 1:1.

Image from Original Post so we don't have to download it. See this Simple Image Guide

...R

I suggest you get a cheap standard size servo and see if that works. If not, you won't have wasted much money. The "digital" servos are a little more expensive, but are less likely to have strange twitches. Digital and analog servos are controlled the same way using the Servo library.

...R

It might help if you had a numbers for “pretty light weight” and “not 1:1”. A lot of us round here have engineering backgrounds and we prefer numbers to waffle.

I recently animated a complete skeleton model height approx 18", and 9 gram servos worked for that. Your skull is obviously bigger so I guess Robin’s idea of a standard servo (Hitec HS422 size) is indeed a good place to start.

Steve

I would have posted a weight, but I have no way of getting an accurate weight for you guys to know.