RECOMMENDATIONS from the experts.

I need some help on a gyroscope.
I am looking for a single axis gyroscope.
I would like to have one that has adjustable sensitivity.
I don't extreme sensitivity, I need just the opposite.
Something very basic.
Looking to make a project for a self leveling object.
Any and all help & recommendations are appreciated
Thank You.

Get a MPU6050, tons of examples out there.

ProStreet1:
Something very basic.

Buy a good sensor: you'll add a software filter later if you want to "reduce sensitivity", and you can still just ignore as many axis as you wish.

ProStreet1:
I need some help on a gyroscope.
I am looking for a single axis gyroscope.
I would like to have one that has adjustable sensitivity.
Something very basic.
Any and all help & recommendations are appreciated
Thank You.

Have you done a search, using your favorite internet search engine, on the words "single axis gyroscope'? I got a result set, how about you?

I'd think that, after you see the prices of a single axis gyroscope, you'll take zwieblum up on their suggestion and just use one axis of a MPU6050.

I really appreciate all of you on your responses and recommendations.
Being a novice. i will research the items recommended.
Thank you very much.

And to add my 2 cents...

Tell us more about your self-leveling project.
Often, new users will focus on one aspect of their project without awareness of how it might interact with other areas.
Asking only about the gyro does not give up the opportunity to help it fit in with the rest of the project.
Plus, your project sounds cool!
Tell us more about it.

ProStreet1:

I have a LIDAR mounted on a X/Y platform. The X/Y platform is self leveling. I used a MPU9250 and parts of this code,

MPU9250AHRS - Basic program to obtain properly-scaled gyro, acc… | Mbed, to get a really good self leveling platform. A UNO will not have enough oomph to do the calculations and convert to servo torques, quickly. I have used a DUE, STM32, and a ESP32. The DUE, with uMT works really well and the ESP32 with freeRTOS works even better than the DUE.

Also, the ESP32, using the ESP32 PWM API will produce a very accurate servo torque value, and will easily handle the floating point math. I ended up writing my own MPU9250, based upon the BolderFlightMPU9250 library, to work with the ESP32 SPI API, which has features such as background bidirectional data transfers.

From reading the MPU9250 to sending torque values to the servos for self leveling takes 290uSeconds with utilizing multiple cores for the processing. All the wile producing image info of 12 scans per degree of LIDAR movement.

An accelerometer is used to measure tilt, as consumer grade gyros measure the rate of rotation, not rotation angles.

See this tutorial on how to make a tilt sensor, which can be used as the basis for a self leveling platform: How_to_Use_a_Three-Axis_Accelerometer_for_Tilt_Sensing-DFRobot