Recommendations to connect Ethernet arduino to a wireless module

Hello all,

Could you please give me recommendations to choose the best and simple method to ensure communication in real time between Ethernet arduino and wireless module ?

Here the main parts of my project:

• Ethernet arduino module to read data from a solar controller using Modbus TCP/IP protocol. (already done)

• Need for a wireless module to receive data from Ethernet module in a local network ( still working on)

Assuming that there is a router and i'm using private IP address at the university, which wireless module is better to use in such situation ?

Assuming that there is a router

That the Arduino is connected to?

I don't understand the role of the wireless device. What it is sending data to? What is it getting data from?

LamySae:
Hello all,

Could you please give me recommendations to choose the best and simple method to ensure communication in real time between Ethernet arduino and wireless module ?

Here the main parts of my project:

• Ethernet arduino module to read data from a solar controller using Modbus TCP/IP protocol. (already done)

• Need for a wireless module to receive data from Ethernet module in a local network ( still working on)

Assuming that there is a router and i'm using private IP address at the university, which wireless module is better to use in such situation ?

Ethernet shield attached to Arduino? You are not clear.

SoftwareSerial library to use with ESP-01 module connected to Arduino.
If you have an Arduino Mega then the SoftwareSerial library isn't necessary as you can use the hardware serial port.

LamySae, I did the same as explained in my other post that we discussed the modbus implementation , with esp-01, homebrew atmega32u4 arduino micro platform.

If you need more details, let me know.