Recursion with Audio through Arduino

Hi!

I was wondering if it´s possible to connect an analog microphone to Arduinon? And then connect the Arduino to my computer (MAC) and when you say a word in the microphone the computer will make an recursion om the a sound or a it could be that the sound makes a video start playing, does anyone one have the codes for this and suggestion on how to do this? TECH SPEC ARDUINO UNO and Macbookpro 2016.

Best Zea

Whatever it is that you want to do I doubt that you mean "recursion", but that may be because of a language problem.

yes you are right sorry I meant that it´s a loop with a clip of a video playing when you say a word into the microphone :slight_smile:

The Arduino can certainly be used to detect a sound and send a message via the Serial interface to the PC but you will need an application running on the PC to accept the message, interpret it and take the necessary actions to play the video.

ok thanks fro answer, do you have any idea on what application i should use and do you know how to code it?

niklins:
ok thanks fro answer, do you have any idea on what application i should use and do you know how to code it?

Processing is often suggested as a PC application to work with the Arduino but I have no knowledge of it.

The Arduino, by itself, can NOT process data from the microphone anywhere near fast enough to be able to understand what you are saying.

It can't pass the data that it can collect to the PC near as fast as it can collect it.

You need additional hardware, like the VR shield.