Reduce idle current consumption of 28byj-48 stepper motor

Hello guys, it is possible to reduce the idle current consumption of this stepper motor?

If you set all the outputs LOW then the motor coils should be de-energised. However you can't be sure that the motor will hold position like that.

...R

I have used a P-channel MOSFET in parallel with a resistor in the motor supply line, when MOSFET is turned ON, full current goes to motor, when turned OFF current goes through resistor, dropping current to about 1/4. Circuit depends on your motor driver and voltage. Can you post a schematic (NOT Fritzing please), and your program?

outsider:
I have used a P-channel MOSFET in parallel with a resistor in the motor supply line, when MOSFET is turned ON, full current goes to motor, when turned OFF current goes through resistor, dropping current to about 1/4. Circuit depends on your motor driver and voltage. Can you post a schematic (NOT Fritzing please), and your program?

actually i just connect my stepper motor to uln2003 and then connect to arduino =)

menloon:
actually i just connect my stepper motor to uln2003 and then connect to arduino =)

See Reply #1

...R