reduce output power of bluetooth module (NOT power consumption)

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the possibility to reduce the output power of a bluetooth module. so, I do not mean the used power by the bluetooth(power consumption is not a problem), but rather to reduce the power when sending, and thus probably decreasing the range of the module.

Let me elaborate:
I would like to make a device which will be close to my head (and brain). This device needs to connect to my phone, which is only 1 meter away (in my hands).
I understood that there is some debate if the radiation send from bluetooth is hazerdous to the brain. Not only due to the 'power' of the radiated signal, but also because the signal is pulsed and thus has rapid rise and fall times which some consider especially hazerdous. (Please, don't start a discussion if bluetooth is hazerdous, that's not the issue right now)

Just to be on the safe side, and because my application does not need a range of 10 meter, I would like to reduce the power of the radiated signal and preferably limit the rapid rise and fall times of the signal.
Preferably I would like to be able to use code to do this, but if soldering is not a problem.

Although not set in stone, I would like to use a generic arduino compatible board with bluetooth, or maybe a HC-05 in combination with a arduino. Please let me know if you know of a better hardware solution.

so my question is:
How can I reduce the power output of the radiated signal?
How can I reduce the pulsed (rapid rise and fall times) signal?

Your input is very much appreciated.

I would like to reduce the power of the radiated signal and preferably limit the rapid rise and fall times of the signal.

Reducing or increasing the power of the output signal does NOTHING to change the shape of the output signal. If you change the shape of the signal, the receiver will no longer recognize it.

Whether you can change the output power depends on whether the hardware allows you that control. Since you didn't say what the output device is, only you can determine that.

Sounds like you need a tin foil hat :smiling_imp:

:slight_smile:
Sounds good :wink: defies the purpose of the thing I am building though