Reed Switch to MIDI Out Code Attempt

Thanks.

Am I on the right track here?

Nope.

byte[ROWS][COLS] = {
  {10},
  {36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43}
};

This won't even compile. There is no variable name.

Keypad kpd = Keypad( makeKeymap(keys), rowPins, colPins, ROWS, COLS );

keys? You seem to have forgotten to define keys.

if (HIGH)

If 1 is what? 1 is always true.

Try actually compiling your code before posting it.

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Other thread deleted.

DrDarin: I expected more from this forum.

I expected you to not cross post, Doctor.

Is this "insult the moderator" week? A couple of people have joined now, ignored the forum posting guidelines, and then fired off insults when gently asked to comply.

How may I avoid cross-posting in the future when I cannot remove my own posts?

Because people make posts, we put a lot of effort into answering them (and in a non-aggressive way, BTW) and then they delete their original posts. "So long and thanks for all the fish".

Now all the answers just look stupid. They are answers without a question.

DrDarin: Oh, wait, everyone on here is passive-aggressive, you're just leading the way. I see now... :-)

Your insult is incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior

Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullenness, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

I was not procrastinating, being stubborn or sullen, or failed to achieve tasks.

I was doing my job as a moderator (in response to a complaint, by the way) that you had cross-posted. I directly asked you to not cross-post. That was not an indirect expression of hostility.

DrDarin: How may I avoid cross-posting in the future when I cannot remove my own posts?

That is like asking "how do I avoid starting fires if you won't give me a fire extinguisher?".

Here's how: Don't start the fire. Don't cross-post.

In this thread? Or another one? Occasionally I get messages from users who say they started a thread, but another section might be more appropriate, could I please move it? That is the sort of thing you could try.

I'll slog through on my doctoral own.

Oh, good. Since you are not receptive to constructive comments, it's just as well that you go it alone.