Reference manual

Is there a printed (NOT PDF DOWNLOAD) Reference manual available anywhere?

To what? All the IDE reference files are already on your computer, you can print those. If you're after a C## book instead, those are readily available.

CrossRoads: To what? All the IDE reference files are already on your computer, you can print those. If you're after a C## book instead, those are readily available.

They even have them for C++ too.

muddy0409:
Is there a printed (NOT PDF DOWNLOAD) Reference manual available anywhere?

If you’re talking about the data sheet for the chip I think PDF is the only way I’ve ever seen it. What format do you need it in? Are you wanting someone to mail you a printed copy? Atmel may do it, but they’d probably charge quite a bit. PDF readers are free.

Is it so difficult to understand? I am after a PRINTED copy of the Arduino Reference Manual. The one that comes with the main download. I do not want to have to print my own copy. I do not want to have to chase through the reference that is on the same computer on which I am trying to write a sketch. I WANT A FACTORY PRINTED VERSION. THESE THINGS ARE CALLED "BOOKS"

There, that should explain it??

Is it so difficult to understand? I am after a PRINTED copy of the Arduino Reference Manual.

You didn't mention that it was the Arduino Reference Manual you wanted, so shouting is not called for.

Printed technical manuals are so last century. They date quickly, and consume a lot of trees.

I don't believe they produce a Manual, the web site has a reference. You are free to print out the pages, one by one, if that will make you happy. If you want to browse offline, save each page using your web browser, or convert to PDFs.

There are a number of good books available that do include all of the same material as the Arduino Reference.

Nick, Being that this the Arduino forum, I would have thought "reference manual" should have been understood to be for Arduino. I do apologise if my emphasis was taken as shouting. I was just for emphasis. No insult intended. If I was going to insult, there would be no doubt whatsoever! (Doesn't happen very often, anyway.)

OK, so the answer appears to be "no" there is not a printed version.

Maybe books are "so last century" but so the hell am I, so I just want to feel familiar.

Looks like I will have to chop down a few trees and print my own. There's too many trees around here anyway.

Thank you for your assistance.

Peter Moritz, Up the bush, in the outback, NSW, Australia.

Och, another Australian!

It might not be obvious, since the forum was “improved” but I am from Melbourne.

Looks like I will have to chop down a few trees and print my own. There's too many trees around here anyway.

If you "grunt big for daddy" you will probably feel better.

The problem with printing out the current reference pages is that none of the links work when I poke at them. :(

Oh Rightio, G'day Nick. Spent 15 years there meself last century. Much better up the bush. Happy Birthday to us!

muddy0409: I do not want to have to chase through the reference that is on the same computer on which I am trying to write a sketch.

I feel your pain. Having a second monitor is the way to go. With most modern computers you have the ability to connect a second monitor. It can even be an old one from another machine.

Yes a second monitor can be handy. Or have the reference open on a laptop or something.

Get a screen big enough to hold an IDE and browser so that neither completely covers the other.
Learn to use tabs and bookmarks. In time, people will stop trying to use you to proves that bigfoot or the missing link are real.

Just wait till your eyes get bad and you need to be able to zoom text.

This 38 page notebook came in 2007. Not totally complete now with the release of the new hardware types, but it covers a lot of what you will see in day to day programming.
At 38 pages, not too bad to print at home, especially if do it double sided.

arduino_notebook_v1-1.pdf (382 KB)

Arduino books on Amazon, take your pick!