Reflex based game

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to arduino, and am looking for advice on how to approach a project I'd like to attempt.

The setup is 5 RGB leds in a line (green is not connected) with a button on either end, and the piezo off to one side. One player is red, one player is blue.

Basically what I'm trying to do is make a two person reflex based game where the piezo makes a sound, and then either player presses their button as soon as they hear it. Whoever presses their button first gets the first of the 5 leds illuminated in their color. Then on to the next round. First persons color to reach the other persons side wins the game. Think of it as a reflex-based reverse tug-of-war.

I can't for the life of me figure out a good way to approach the reflex aspect of the code though, any tips?

Sounds like a job for interrupts. http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/attachInterrupt#.UwxJOcHq710

Once an interrupt is detected the first thing you do is detachInterrupt so the second one is not detected.

Or you could just use standard digitalRead. That's still probably fast enough for humans not to see any bias one way or the other.

Thank you! I believe this is exactly what I was searching for :)