regular usb arduino to Diecimila problems

im using an arduino for school and decided to buy my own diecimilla the school has the older ones that worked fine on my computer

and the diecimilla doesnt seem to work

-i have the 0009 version -i tried reinstalling the drivers (the wizard cannot find a better match for your hardware than you already have) -i am selecting the correct ports (only have one to choose from) and the right micro controller version

it gives me the error when i try to upload... avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "COM10": The system cannot find the file specified.

any help would be great

it is also blinks when reset/turns on (i haven't successfully loaded any code onto it as of yet): -blinks once when it turns on... -then pauses for half a second -3 quick blinks -pauses for a 1/4 of a second -blinks 6 at a decent pace -then blinks pretty rapidly in intervals of 3 for about a minute then stops nont sure if that helps but thought i might as well explain that

In Arduino 0009, your Arduino board has to be on COM9 or lower. You can change it in the Device Manager. In Arduino 0010 (out soon), you'll be able to use any port.

great that worked thanks