Relais on Arduino digital pin?

Hi everyone,
I need to use a magnetic valve and I want to switch it with a small relais. I found this relais.
It needs 5 V to switch and has a resistance of 130 Ohms, which gives a current of 38 mA. Can I connect this directly to an Arduino pin (diode of course included)? Or is it better to provide a transistor for switching the relais or even use a solid state relais?
Thanks for your opinions!

-richard

Which Arduino do You use? Some of them are rated 40 mA. Also watch the total current used for I/O.

Or is it better to provide a transistor for switching the relais

Yes this is a much better way of driving a relay or even relays. A current of 38mA is way too high.

Some of them are rated 40 mA

No they are not. They are rated at 20mA, the absolute maximum current is posted at 40mA, but that in no way implies you can run things close to that limit, the limit where damage will start to happen.

@G-M.
Thanks for the correction

You need a transistor to power that relay. There are lots of relay modules out there which have this built in, sometimes even opto-isolated.

That's a cute little relay, by the way. And very expensive. You have a special need for it?

MUCH CHEAPER
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=finder+relay+34.51.7L+5V&rlz=1C9BKJA_enAU768AU768&oq=finder+relay+34.51.7L+5V&aqs=chrome..69i57.15033j0j4&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8