Relay Board

I made a program for a relay board and it worked well. But after a while it just stopped clicking and doesn’t work, the led on the relay board still is flashing though.

Any ideas on how to fix it

Aren't you forgetting something?

Dammit Jim, I'm a technician not a mind reader...

Hey P, what'er you doin' Saturday night, we'll drive your car! :grin:

Hi,

Can you please post a copy of your complete circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags?
They are made with the </> icon in the reply Menu.
See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

And links to the specs of your relay board.

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

For people who can make their own PCB boards…

I have (tried) attached two files–a Powerpoint slide showing the top view of a DIY 5V relay board, and the PCB layout.

The parts are standard and can easily be substituted with whatever you have one hand with little or no changes to the layout. Two 1K ohm resistors, a PN2222 transistor–or any NPN switching transistor will work, a 1N4148 diode–which can be upgraded to a higher voltage like a 1N4004 if you like, a standard 5V relay, and some terminal blocks.
All of the parts are easily sourced.

Jim

SWITCHED-RELAY-4X.pdf (13 KB)

isaac4664: I made a program for a relay board and it worked well. But after a while it just stopped clicking and doesn't work, the led on the relay board still is flashing though.

Any ideas on how to fix it

Yes sure. Find out what has changed from when it worked to now. Then change what has changed to what it was before.

The is the answere that your question deserves. Now please read this:- How to use this forum

It will tell you the information you need to supply so that a question can be answered. If you do not understand this then you will never understand any answer you are given.

Grumpy_Mike: It will tell you the information you need to supply so that a question can be answered. If you do not understand this then you will never understand any answer you are given.

Yeah, that is now my favourite answer to such queries. :roll_eyes:

Did you purchase this relay board or make it yourself? It appears when PN2222 saturates your shorting across the activation coil leaving the current across the coil only limited by the power supply. I could be wrong but it sure appears that way. In which case the relay activation coil could of possibly burned up leaving only the LED in the circuit. I’d measure your ohms across the activation coil to check.

It appears when PN2222 saturates your shorting across the activation coil leaving the current across the coil only limited by the power supply.

The OP never posted any circuit did he?

lol... Nope he didn't. I hadn't caught that while I was swifting by - I'd actually pulled the drawing by JimDiGriz65. :)