Relay controll issues

Hi
I am making my final project at secondary school where I am using clone of Arduino mega 2560.
Idea of project is to control 20 relays connected to solenoids under piano which are then pushing piano keys and create melody. But I have one big issue. When I am trying to controle those relays with clone, the program just reset after some period of seconds....When i plugged original arduino borrowed from school, my program was working perfectly with no resets. Then i plugged clone of that arduino with same program and it again started to reset program again ang again and again....Can someone please give me some informations about this topic? I will be grateful for all reponses

Thank you :slight_smile:

How is everything powered? It sounds like maybe you are trying to power the relays from the Mega 5V pin and the clone regulator can't cope as well as the original. If so separate power for the relays would fix it.

A schematic and details of exactly how you are powering things would be useful.

Steve

What is the output voltage on the clone board pin when it is set high? I think some of the clone boards are now 3.3v based instead of 5v. Relays will probably need a 5v power supply that does not come from the board.

slipstick:
How is everything powered? It sounds like maybe you are trying to power the relays from the Mega 5V pin and the clone regulator can't cope as well as the original. If so separate power for the relays would fix it.

A schematic and details of exactly how you are powering things would be useful.

Steve

Relays are powered via 12 volt power supply so I am using arduino just for contolling relays via digital pins.

Please provide a schematic and details of how you are connecting and powering EVERYTHING plus details of the relays you are using.

I'm bored with trying to guess what you might be doing.

Steve