Relay shield for USB - having signal problems - Willing to pay for help $$$

I want to make a USB shield that uses 4 relays that basically swaps between 2 USB connections.

USB1 Data+ -> Relay1 NO
USB1 Data- -> Relay2 NO to USB camera (to transfer data from SD card)
USB1 5V -> Relay3 NO
USB1 Ground -> Relay4 NO

USB2 Data+ -> Relay1 NC
USB2 Data- -> Relay2 NC to USB power (to keep camera battery charged)
USB2 5V -> Relay3 NC
USB2 Ground -> Relay4 NC

USB Common Data+ -> Relay1 COM
USB Common Data- -> Relay2 COM to computer USB port
USB Common 5V -> Relay3 COM
USB Common Ground -> Relay4 COM

The problems I am experiencing is with the USB signal. I have tried using short premium quality USB cable and a breakout board with mixed results. I can get a connection from USB1 to the computer by putting the 5V into the relay but when I put the Data into a relay, it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I looked around and couldn't find a USB signal amplifier, this might solve most of my problems.

Most of my testing has been on a breadboard. I am looking to put together a quality circuit board for this to make the path and interference the USB signal transfers through as minimal and with as little interference as possible. I am willing to pay for someone to get this project going for me as I have never made schematics or sent a circuit board off to be made. If there is someone out there that thinks they can help me with this, please message me and will work something out.

Many questions arise:

1. Where does the Arduino comes in?
  2. Why switching GND and 5V lines?
    only the datalines need to be switched or ?

What is the story behind the switch?

seen these ? - http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=155

robtillaart:
Many questions arise:

1. Where does the Arduino comes in?
  2. Why switching GND and 5V lines?
    only the datalines need to be switched or ?

What is the story behind the switch?

seen these ? - http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=155

1. Arduino triggers the relays
  2. I tried using only the data lines to make a usb connection by cutting the power and ground on the USB cord going to my computer and putting in 5V to the end going to my camera but it didn't work, I think it works with the 5v+ but the ground needs to go to the computer according to my experiment, I could be wrong.

I have a board just like that, the biggest problem I am having is getting a USB signal strong enough for the device to be found by my computer since the cable is being spliced and relayed etc, it is losing its strength, I might need everything put into one strong circuit board instead of using a breadboard.

OK, the arduino controls the relays.

But still not clear to me is why do you need to switch between two devices?
ANd second what triggers the arduino to switch?