Relay socket or holder

I got a few of these guys, working great so far -

However soldering them up and physically placing them into projects is a major pain! Any idea on some kind of socket (ideally with screw terms) or at least some kind of holding to keep it in place in my finished project box? Thanks!

Oh and semi-related - I know to use a diode across the terminals when connecting these to a microconttroller, but any reason to use a diode (or not use) when connecting to something "dumb" like a light switch and cheap USB power supply?

It looks like it will fit in a regular [u]DIP socket[/u], but I'm not sure if you can find an adapter board with screw terminals.

Oh and semi-related - I know to use a diode across the terminals when connecting these to a microconttroller, but any reason to use a diode (or not use) when connecting to something "dumb" like a light switch and cheap USB power supply?

You pretty-much always need the diode. The high-voltage "kick back" can shorten the life of a mechanical switch (or relay contacts) and the effects on a power supply are unpredictable.

If you want to use it on its own, you could solder it to a small piece of vero-board.

It will give you nice big pads for soldering the connecting wires and you can place the fly-back diode on the board too.

For a DC energised winding always add the diode or expect something to break - all
power supplies these days are switch-mode and not tolerant of high-energy high-voltage
spikes.

Relays are available which plug into sockets that have solder-tag connections. That is
what you should be using, not PCB-mount relays.

If you like that Sparkfun product, there is this Sparkfun product:

Relay Control PCB