Relay

As of yet I have not found any relays that will work good with an arduino. Is there any reliable, cheap relays that are good for an Arduino Mega at up to 2A 12V that anyone knows of? Thanks

If you were looking for a good relay running on 5V / 20mA to be driven directly by an arduino pin: no luck.
If you allow for a driver transistor circuit, there are many choices, a few even running on 5V

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2-Channel-Relay-Module-Shield-For-Arduino-ARM-PIC-AVR-DSP-MCU-Electronic-CM-/360948437936?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item540a3413b0

Cheap and simple, 5v (unless it's one of them which require 0v/gnd to turn on) ... the circuity to power the relay is included on the breakoutboard, all you do is signal high/low from a dig pin.

Ok I will try the one suggested it looks like it will work for what I am doing. Thanks for the help it is really appreciated.

cjdelphi:
Cheap and simple, 5v … the circuity to power the relay is included on the breakoutboard, all you do is signal high/low from a dig pin.

Well, …

cjdelphi:
unless it’s one of them which require 0v/gnd to turn on

Which in fact it is. So you need to connect the Arduino output pins to the “in” pins of the relay board, and Vcc on the Arduino to Vcc on the relay board. You set the output LOW to switch on the relay.

To utilise the opto-isolation feature, you need to power the relay board separately from another 5V supply to “JD-Vcc” (or “RY-Vcc”) and “Gnd” with the jumper removed. You should not connect “Gnd” to the Arduino.