Our Arduino project uses a serial console output for test validation, we were looking to use that with our LabVIEW test application and are having problems.
- Verify & upload INO sketch
- Open Arduino 'Serial Monitor' to observe sketch console output (e.g. "COM1")
- Close Arduino
- Open LabVIEW test application to watch same port ("COM1")
- LabVIEW shows this port as not available
- Rebooting PC solves this problem
Rebooting is a heavyweight solution to switch apps, can we release the COM port by Arduino for use elsewhere?