Remote communication

Hi, I’m new to Arduino. I would like to remotely send commands to my controller up to 30-40m, what would be the best solution? I would like to send simple commands from our house to the garden shed - there I would like to control lights (for now)... I do have an IR module in my Arduino kit, but the range is too short...

what would be the best solution?

The one that fulfills your unstated requirements.

I would like to remotely send commands to my controller up to 30-40m, what would be the best solution?

What do you mean by “commands”?

How often will you be sending them? How much data is involved? Is there anything blocking line-of-sight? How reliable do you need the process to be? What is your budget? What is your definition of “best”?

With only that, little, information to go on the RF24 radios come to mind. Here is a good tutorial that covers their use and some example programs to get them going. Will these meet your requirements?

Do you want to send "Serial" command strings? Do you want to send "button states"? Do you want it to work indoors (IR remote) or outdoors (RF)? Do you have a Ethernet backbone to use? etc. The best solution would suit your unstated requirements (as AWOL stated).