Hi all! So i like a challenge and since i’m a mechanical engineer, i can get through all my mechanical items but know nothing about this coding or electronics stuff, so before i dive into research tell me if i can even accomplish this.
I am in the process of building an rc boat and want to control it using an arduino. I could just buy a remote control but thats no fun. So…
- Can an arduino run a RC receiver to receive the signal from a remote to transmit to servos? This will be to run servos that will control throttle position and rudder angle.
- At the same time as its giving signal for the servos for throttle and rudder, can it use a gyro or accelerometer to sense it angle in the water and send a corresponding signal out to other servos? This would be to sense the anlge of the boat and adjust trim tabs accordingly to level the boat at top speed.
- can i sense speed with an arduino? That way i could completley get rid of low speed adjustments for trim tabs or make the slow speed adjustments and high speed adjustments differ.
4) so here is where i think it will get too complicated but i love a challenge. Can the arduino send a signal back to the person, say to show fuel level or something like that?
5) can it use bluetooth? maybe make an app on my phone i could drive from? this would limit distance greatly though i think.
answers to any part are apprecited.