Remote controle + LCD with 5-10m cable

Hi,

I want to connect a LCD Dot Matrix panel to my Arduino. This panel comes with a flat connector and adapter so close install to my arduino will be necessary (i suppose).

I want to remotely control my led panel with a remote LCD panel and keypad (numeric) to change the (preprogrammed/predefined) text on the LCD panel. This should be over a distance of appx 5 or max 10 meter.

However, i am stuck in choosing the right setup. Is it possible to connect it all to 1 arduino? Am i able to build a remote with LCD and keypad on such a distance or will a completely new arduino be necessary?

Someone any ideas? I am fairly new at this so not really into the possibilities yet!

So you have a display and up to 30 meters away you have another display and connected keypad. You want to enter data through the key pad, display the data on the attached display and send the data to a remote display?

30 meters may be too far a distance for IR so you could go wireless. Regardless, you need an Arduino at each end.

groundFungus:
So you have a display and up to 30 meters away you have another display and connected keypad. You want to enter data through the key pad, display the data on the attached display and send the data to a remote display?

30 meters may be too far a distance for IR so you could go wireless. Regardless, you need an Arduino at each end.

Correct, but the distance is max 10m (mostly 5). So IR might be another option then.

Sorry I was translating meters to feet, in my head, and pulled a NASA with the units. IR would probably work indoors. It would have to be line of sight, no obstructions. Wireless won't have those restrictions.