Remote Controlled Cart Project

Hi,

I need components suggestions regarding my project. I am building a remote-controlled delivery cart that could carry 50lbs or less. I am planning to use Arduino Uno and DC motors. What is the best motor control driver I could use? Should I use an L298N? The cart should have a speed of 5km/h.

Components:

4 x Arduino Uno
4 x DC Motors: 12V 80W each
Battery source?

Any suggestions?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Is this your first Arduino, controller project?
Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Have you done your calculation of how high the start/stall current of the motors will be.
This will help you choose your motor driver.

Are you motors geared, can you please post spec/data link please?

Why do you think you need four UNOs, probably only two, one for the TX and one for the Rx.

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what DC motor to choose. I was thinking powerful enough to carry 50lbs. I did my calculations, I need at least 320 Watts of power. I can split this into 4 wheels. Maybe 80W each. What stall current should I use? Possibly 7Amps?

Hi,
Its not a case of carrying the weight, it is the case of getting it moving and keeping it that way.
Will there be any inclines?
I have no experience with mobile applications like yours, but you may have more suggestions in the next 24hours as the world turns.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Hi,
Search on Arduino, and Wheel Chair Motors

LOTS of people using those. You get a platform, wheels, battery holders and sometimes useable motor drivers.

HERE is an example using wheel chair motors/transaxle on a different project...