Remote observation

How can i remotly watch my system, im planning to set up a home brew system using sarduino and a bsc460 and im looking for a way to watch it remotely,

the plan is to use a bsc460 to watch the temps but i would like a way to watch the water flow, all i need to see if the waters flowing and how much.

I will be using 2 mega;s and one uno. i know i can use an xbee card to wireless this back to a lap top but what do i do with the data then ?

Can any one give me a shove in the right direction please?

Pesh

I suspect a single Mega would be more than enough for the whole project.

Once the data is on your PC it is no longer an Arduino problem.

...R

Thats true but i want a few lcd's which one mega can prob's run too but im finding it easyer to program while the tasks are seperated in to 3 boards (its over kill but there cheap enough) and this means i can easlily upgrade the system.

I agree that the data recieved isnt an arduino problem so im lookind for a program to read the data can any one recomend one ?

Pesh

Pesho77: I agree that the data recieved isnt an arduino problem so im lookind for a program to read the data can any one recomend one ?

Most PC programming languages can be used to talk to an Arduino. I wrote a demo using Python in this Thread.

I presume Python can work with an Access database but I have no idea how to do that as I'm using Linux.

EDIT ... While that line is correct I included it because I got mixed up with a different Thread.

...R

Pesho77: I agree that the data recieved isnt an arduino problem so im lookind for a program to read the data can any one recomend one ?

I suggest just logging the data to a relational database on the PC (there are several free implementations available - SQL Server and MySQL are popular) and then have any other applications you need for management/reporting/etc work directly on the database. You will need an application running on the PC to act as a bridge between the Arduino and the database. If you're capable of writing a simple application on your PC, that is easy to create. If you aren't, it isn't. If you're running Windows then you have the option of using Gobetwino as the bridge.

Thank you ill look in to this

Pesh