Remote Rubber Ducky

Hello everyone,

So I have this project to make something like a Rubber Ducky, but remotely, and I'd like to use RF because it's way more powerful than IR or Bluetooth.

So is it possible to do such a thing with an Arduino ?

I would like to have a small receiver that I plug to a computer, like this one :

And then I plug the arduino to my computer (running Linux) and I can run scripts or type directly with my keyboard so that everything is listened by the receiver and he acts like a keyboard, so like a Rubber Ducky, but all of this remotely.

So my if this is possible my questions are :
How ?
Where can I find a receiver like that ? If I use one that I got with a RF keyboard, will it work ?
Which kind of Arduino should I buy ? Do I need to buy any external module?

Also, I never touched an Arduino before, so I really don't know how I could approach this.

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Bluetooth is RF.

You will not be able to make anything that small, but you can do Arduino to Arduino using 433 MHz Tx & Rx units.

If you look into Arduino HID you can find posts on having Arduino act like a keyboard. Get that to work, then Arduino to Arduino via wired connection, then Arduino to Arduino using VirtualWire library (subset of RadioHead library now).

The nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz transceivers are cheap and very competent - and quite small. I am using the for radio control for model trains.

This Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial may be of interest.

If you want a very small Arduino programmable wireless system and are prepared to may a bit more for it have a look at these Deltino devices. I used them in N-Gauge model trains.

The ESP8266 WiFi module may be another alternative. It includes an MCU and does not need an Arduino board but it can be programmed using the Arduino IDE.

…R

Kazuya_Yoshimisu:
So I have this project to make something like a Rubber Ducky, but remotely, and I'd like to use RF because it's way more powerful than IR or Bluetooth.

Well, Bluetooth is RF, and is already used for remote keyboards and similar.

So when you say you want something 'way more powerful' (than Bluetooth) what range did you have in mind ?

Okay thanks for your answers.

There's one thing I don't understand : if I buy an arduino and a RF emitter, why can't I send information to a receiver that I bought from a lambda RF keyboard on the market (like the image from my first post)?
There's no way to listen how my keyboard sends messages, and tell the Arduino to send the same messages so the receiver thinks it's the real keyboard ?

And sorry for the mistake, I was told that RF is stronger than Bluetooth, but if Bluetooth is RF then I might be wrong.

Kazuya_Yoshimisu:
Okay thanks for your answers.

There's one thing I don't understand : if I buy an arduino and a RF emitter, why can't I send information to a receiver that I bought from a lambda RF keyboard on the market (like the image from my first post)?
There's no way to listen how my keyboard sends messages, and tell the Arduino to send the same messages so the receiver thinks it's the real keyboard ?

And sorry for the mistake, I was told that RF is stronger than Bluetooth, but if Bluetooth is RF then I might be wrong.

RF is an abreviation for 'Radio Frequency'

There are a great many devices that use RF, from mobile phones to televisions to Bluetooth.

All use different frequencies, modulation methods, protocols and drivers.

srnet:
All use different frequencies, modulation methods, protocols and drivers.

Agreed.

And for that reason you should always buy a pair of devices that you know are designed to work together.

...R