Remotely Swith On Laser Not Attached to Arduino or ATMEGA Chip

Hi,

My current project has a thin object spinning on a motor. The object has a laser on it. Basically I want to be able to turn the laser on and off remotely. As the object is spinning a wire to the Arduino is out of the question because of the wire twisting. Also because the object is thin, I don’t want to have to put an independent chip on it (as I will already have a battery and I want to keep as much of the originl shape as possible).

Is there a way to turn the laser on and off without a switch on the object itself and without having the independent chip?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kadoodle

a wireless network ?

• RF or xbee?

Instead of using wires use carbon brushes.

Do you want to tell us what a laser is doing on a spinning object and where or how it is getting power ?

You can use slip ring.

A slip ring is an electromechanical device that allows the transmission of power and electrical signals from a stationary to a rotating structure.

Its a prop for a film. I was planning on having batteries in the axle, so they spin as the object does. But the carbon brushes sound perfect. There's not a lot on the Internet about wirng them in your own projects though, e.g. differentiating between positive and negative. From the pictures im assuming you would wire them normally, but with the gap between the blocks respectively, however this sounds too simple to be true