Remove ECM from circuit and replace with what???

I am new to this and do not know what to start with.
I have a climate control out of a 2004 Lincoln I want to place in a street rod.
The climate control uses the CAN to communicate to the ECM to determine when the engine is warm enough to turn on the heat. it also requests the engine RPM.
It also requests the AC Compressor engage through the CAN to the ECM. The ECM then controls the AC compressor.
If the Climate Control has any errors, it is transmitted through the CAN. I am not sure if they are held in the climate control until called for or broadcaster and collected by the ECM and collected there.

I need remove the ECM as that engine will not be used, create an ECM that will transmit the new engine temperature and RPM and also turn the AC Compressor on and off when commanded by the climate control.

As for the CAN portion, which item(s) will accomplish this?

The engine temperature is an analog input and the RPM input will be a tachometer input. Both would need to be converted to CAN to satisfy the climate control.

The AC request would be converted to a binary output operating a relay.

As for the trouble codes, not sure about those yet.

I understand there are CAN protocols for this. Do any of these handle them?

A Google search for “arduino can bus” gives lots of results including video tutorials.

Draw a diagram showing how how things will be connected and show the directions that the various CAN messages will be travelling. Provide links to the data sheets for the hardware.

But does it talk the same CAN protocol? Does it offer variable CAN data rates as it will be communicating to the Ford climate control.

narnone:
But does it talk the same CAN protocol? Does it offer variable CAN data rates as it will be communicating to the Ford climate control.

The Arduino isn't the tricky part, it's the proprietary/secret stuff surrounding the car bits that is the problem. Without that information you have no hope of success.

I am going to work on that this week.