Renaming / deleting sketches in the sketchbook - how to?

I have just started with my Arduino Uno R3 and have now reached the stage where I would like to tidy up my sketchbook.

I want to delete some sketches and rename others. How does one do that?

Also, how does one create sub-directories in the sketchbook, assuming that that is possible?

Just use the operating system of your computer to create folders in your sketch folder. Use the save as feature to rename a sketch and then your OS to delete the old one. You can use the OS to rename a sketch but you have to have the folder and the .inf file it contains have the same name and you can't use spaces in the name.

.inf => .ino :)

tuxduino: .inf => .ino :)

? :~

You can use the OS to rename a sketch but you have to have the folder and the .inf file it contains have the same name and you can't use spaces in the name.

There's a typo. The sentence should be: "...and the .ino file it contains..."

Okay, thank you Grumpy_Mike and tuxduino. I think I've got it.

I run under Windows 7.

When previously I tried to delete the folder whose name corresponds to the name of the sketch I was trying to get rid of, I got an error message, and when I exited that, another message saying something like "Windows Explorer is restarting" and Explorer then promptly proceeded to shut down by itself. I have now discovered that if I first delete the .ino file in the folder, the folder can then be deleted without a problem.

I am also able to rename now. The 'Save as (under new name)' and 'Delete (of sketch under old name)' procedure just seems a bit cumbersome though.

Did you try to delete / rename the sketch while the Arduino IDE was running ?

You probably have to close it first.