Replacing the UNO's micro-controller

I am a total noob to this universe, I have never dealt with micro-controllers of any sorts.
I have been watching videos and I am becoming more and more excited about owning and using any arduino
My local electronics shop both the Uno and the Mega, as well as a ATMega328 with Arduino's bootloader.
As I said before, i am a noob, so I fear I might damage the micro-controller, and by the pictures in the shop's website, it seems that I can replace the controllers(in the Uno).
Am I right?

If the Uno is one of these then the processor is easy to replace...

If the Uno is one of these then, for most of us, the processor is much more difficult to replace...

Thanks for the quick reply
Luckily it's the first one, so it's a relief that the replacement is easy and cheap.

The bootloader in the chips you buy might not be the Arduino UNO bootloader (the 328P chip is used in several Arduino models).

Make sure the ATmega chip you buy is the 328P model.

NoobLevler:
Thanks for the quick reply
Luckily it's the first one, so it's a relief that the replacement is easy and cheap.

Just keep in mind that the replacement chip you get must either come with a UNO arduino bootloader pre-installed or you will need another arduino board or a hardware programmer to install the bootloader program onto a blank 328p chip.

Missed that detail.
It claims to be the UNO's bootloader, but I do not see any reference to 328p or 328, except for the image, where I can see a p after 328.
Hopefully the image is correct.

You can buy a CPU with the boot loader already burned in. Check SparkFun, AdaFruit or ModernDevice.com.

NoobLevler:
As I said before, i am a noob, so I fear I might damage the micro-controller, and by the pictures in the shop's website, it seems that I can replace the controllers(in the Uno).

I think the risk is minimal, you really have to try hard to make that happend. It is possible tho.
Is there really a reason to have another chip? That is, if you are planning to do standalone Arduino, after testing with UNO development board that your code works properly.

Cheers,
Kari

I've read somewhere that just connecting things backwards can fry the chip, as I still study and don't have a steady source of income I wanted to make the best of what I have
I've been dreaming up some projects once I get the board and maybe they will involve some other chips but while I get up to speed with codding and other things I'll be happy with some blinking leds