Reporting own post's to moderator

Why can you not report your own posts to a moderator?
Attempting to do so elicits the "You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense! " response but if your reporting it because you want it deleted (first post in a thread) or moved to a different section that makes perfect sense to me.

Then just say in the post that you want it deleted or moved. We're accommodating.

@ Riva, I agree it is a stupid restriction but I have given up expecting anyone to "improve" this website in response to customer comments.

I usually click Report to Mod in another post in the Thread.

Which reminds me, would you be kind enough to add a reply to this Thread so I can click Report to Mod to ask for it to be moved to the Interfacing w/ Software on the Computer section - I accidentally created it in the wrong place.

Edit to add ... Thanks @Riva

...R

I think some of us (this one at least) have reported that post with reference to this one.
Doesn't need a "faked" reply that way.

It's not really Interfacing w/ Software tho, that would be for interfacing the Arduino, and not the forum interface.

CrossRoads:
It's not really Interfacing w/ Software tho, that would be for interfacing the Arduino, and not the forum interface.

I wonder if there is some confusion. The Thread that I started in the wrong section has nothing to do with the forum interface - it is about Python - Arduino comms.

...R

Hmm, yes, it appears I may have got a couple of threads mixed up.