Reprap controller

Hello, I recently purchased a reprap controller for a 3d printer and am having a terrible time compiling it. it has the 12864 lcd so I removed the comments from the line for the reprap_discount_full_graphic_smart_controller, installed the u8glib library. I have been searching the reprap wiki page but their info is weak and missing a lot of crucial details, such as the schematic for the adapter board that the lcd plugs into not to mention the schematics they do have are only half complete. I keep getting a boat load of warnings and at least 1 error when I try to compile the code.

C:\Users\MY\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_85906\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:2437:37: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]

LCD_MESSAGEPGM(MACHINE_NAME" "MSG_OFF".");

^

In file included from C:\Users\MY\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_85906\sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from C:\Users\MY\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_85906\sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from C:\Users\MY\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_85906\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:37:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from C:\Users\MY\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_85906\sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from C:\Users\MY\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_85906\sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\users\my\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here

__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

^

Any help or direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am just trying to get the lcd up for now since I am waiting for the stepper motors to come. thnx!

This issue was fixed in Marlin a long time ago:

You have three options:

• Update to a modern version of Marlin which doesn't have the issue.
  • Use the old toolchain version that is compatible with your old version of Marlin.
  • Fix the problem in your outdated version of Marlin.

Funny that an old version would still be out there after almost 3 years. Do you have a link to a new version of marlin? The link you provided only seems to be to the thread talking about the problem.

That thread is in the Marlin repository, which also has a "Releases" page with newer versions of Marlin:

Thanks pert. At least the display is up now. I will probably be back with more questions as the rest of the parts arrive.

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per