reprograming a bootloader in Pro mini

Hello to all Pro Mini users (and others too)

I would like to reprogram the bootstrap of a Promini AT168

I bought a USBasp programmer, I downloaded the USBasp driver and everything seems correct at the PC (we hear the sound of the connection of a device to USB and the driver is recognized in the device manager) BUT when I run the Arduino IDE, the corresponding port is not validated (recognized) and I can not burn the initialization sequence.
Do you have any ideas ?
thank you

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Tools > Burn Bootloader
  • After the process fails you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar).

Im not sure it does show up in the ide under the ports menu ( don’t think I’ve ever looked )
. Just select the correct type of programmer from the programmer tab and click burn bootloader .

The USBasp won't create a port because it uses standard USB communication, rather than VCP.

To expand on what Pert has said- you select the Arduino board, select the programmer (in your case USBASP) from 'Tools>Programmer', then hit 'Tools>Burn Bootloader' to send the bootloader to the board.