Repulsive electromagnetic levitation

How do I make a repulsive magnetic levitation (Floating Object) with Arduino?

I don’t want to make the upside down hanging type. I want the electromagnets as the base and my object to float above the electromagnets.

I found a semi-perfect Instructable : https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Air-Bonsai-Levitation/

But people comment section says it doesn’t work. Is it true? If yes, What should I change in the code or circuit? I have ordered everything in the link provided in that instructables page via Ali Express. Now I fear that it wont work!

I feel that instructable is almost 90% correct and on the verge of success. So if anyone could make the small corrections, it would be of great help.

I want my final output to look somewhat like the image attached below. Thanks in advance.

Please explain in detail the 10% you found that is wrong? How can you expect answers to questions you never explain.

Paul

First, instructables are universally poor quality. But there are lots of great ideas. I use it to see what other people have done, but not to copy what they did exactly.

Second, why would you believe the construction skills of random people on the internet are better than the original instructor? They probably made many mistakes building their versions.

Third, what happened when you tried it? Your construction will be different from the original so you may have different issues.

Hello Morgan and Paul,

Thank you for the quick responses. To be frank, I'm not a professional coder. I wanted to make an electromagnetic levitation module. I became wild looking at it and I wanted to do one for myself. I didn't know where to start. I searched in the net for few tutorials so that I could kick start my prototype and I finally came across this instructable. I have ordered everything on aliexpress & its yet to arrive. To my surprise I found out some discouraging comments in the web page.

So I thought before the components arrive, I could find a good walk through with the help of you guys. So as soon as my components arrive, I can start the work and finish it smoothly. Please, just go throughthe instructable and cross check for any possible errors. Or even if there's something wrong with the analog circuits (Hall effect sensor placement, Potentiometer, Coils, etc) do inform me. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

MorganS:
First, instructables are universally poor quality. But there are lots of great ideas. I use it to see what other people have done, but not to copy what they did exactly.

Second, why would you believe the construction skills of random people on the internet are better than the original instructor? They probably made many mistakes building their versions.

Third, what happened when you tried it? Your construction will be different from the original so you may have different issues.

Paul_KD7HB:
Please explain in detail the 10% you found that is wrong? How can you expect answers to questions you never explain.

Paul

" So I thought before the components arrive, I could find a good walk through with the help of you guys. So as soon as my components arrive, I can start the work and finish it smoothly. Please, just go throughthe instructable and cross check for any possible errors. Or even if there's something wrong with the analog circuits (Hall effect sensor placement, Potentiometer, Coils, etc) do inform me. Thank you so much :)"

For me, the forum doen't work that way. This is not an instructable classroom.

Paul

Okay.. I'll get back to you once the components arrive and I try it out.

Do realise that there are much better parts out there than the old, lossy L298N motor driver… E.g. the TB6612FNG is pretty much a direct replacement of the L298N. Without the bulky heatsink to get rid of all the waste heat, as the TB6612FNG just doesn’t have that much losses.

There’s a good chance that there are better options for other parts that they use.