[Request] Arduino send data in string, not letter by letter

Alright, basically, with arduino's you can write Serial.write, and that will write data to the port letter by letter, is there a way I can send it all at once?

I need help to this mainly because I need the entire string to come at 1 time instead of each character coming. Is there a command or way to do this.

This is basically what I get when I +=, I need to use += though thats the problem:

H
HE
HEL
HELL
HELLO

What I need:

HELLO

The common way to do this is

Serial.print(“HELLO”);

Why you would not want to do that is far from clear. It is about as simple as you can possibly get, and it seems like you are making things more difficult than they really are.

Are you sure? I will try this, I tried is previously and had the same outcome, possibly didn't upload to my arduino, 1 sec

Yeah, it only sends in chunks

It doesnt send it as a whole string, any way of fixing this also?

what exactly do you want the string to read?
I played around a while back and could send whole sentences without problems.

I have no clue what the problem was but it managed to fix itself, im confused lmao

Below is a simple way to capture an incoming string of characters into a String, then displaying what has been captured. Test it using the serial monitor.

//zoomkat 6-29-14 Simple serial echo test
//type or paste text in serial monitor and send

String readString;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Simple serial echo test"); // so I can keep track of what is loaded
}

void loop() {

while (Serial.available()) {
    char c = Serial.read();  //gets one byte from serial buffer
    readString += c; //makes the String readString
    delay(3);  //slow looping to allow buffer to fill with next character
  }

if (readString.length() > 0) {
    Serial.println(readString);  //so you can see the captured String
    readString = "";
  }
}

The answer is in the word SERIAL. That means it sends (and receives) the data one byte at a time.

If you want to wait until the complete message has been received before showing any of it then that is easy to arrange.

Have a look at the examples in Serial Input Basics - simple reliable non-blocking ways to receive data.

...R