requesting & reading UM7-LT data

hello everyone.

i have big problems with requesting and reading data of the UM7-LT sensor.
for specs see here: pololu

here is a small sketch that requests the firmware and should then output the returned package.

unfortunately this doesn’t work, since i never receive data that corresponds to the format stated in the documentation.

the sensor is connected via the main header to 3.3V,GND, DigitalPin 10&11 for RX&TX

can anyone contribute working code to request, receive and process data sent by UM7?
thanks alot!

I made a simple arduino library to parse binary data from a UM7. It works well with the Arduino Due, but it should also work with an Arduino Mega.

Currently it only parses binary data packets from the UM7 for roll/pitch/yaw. I can add more functionality if anyone is interested in the project.

Hi mikehoyer, thanks for code, but it doesn’t work in my computer.
The error is:
Arduino:1.6.5 (Windows 7), Scheda:“Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

UM7\UM7.cpp.o: In function UM7::UM7()': C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UM7/UM7.cpp:5: multiple definition of UM7::UM7()’
imu.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/imu.ino:7: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/4.8.1/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
UM7\UM7.cpp.o: In function UM7::UM7()': C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UM7/UM7.cpp:5: multiple definition of UM7::UM7()’
UM7\UM7.cpp.o: In function UM7::UM7()': C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UM7/UM7.cpp:5: multiple definition of UM7::save()’
UM7\UM7.cpp.o: In function UM7::UM7()': C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UM7/UM7.cpp:5: multiple definition of UM7::checksum()’
UM7\UM7.cpp.o: In function UM7::UM7()': C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UM7/UM7.cpp:5: multiple definition of UM7::encode(unsigned char)’
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\build8680822572266495619.tmp/core.a(main.cpp.o): In function main': C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:40: undefined reference to setup’
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:43: undefined reference to `loop’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Errore durante la compilazione