Reset Button Soperation

Hi,

Have recently got a new Duemilanove but i suspect something could be wrong with the board. I have been trying to fix the common avrdude sync problems as i cant upload and i think that my reset button isnt working properly. What should happen when i press or press and hold this button. What lights so do what etc.

Thanks.

Reset simply starts the sketch again. When you hold the reset down the process is suspended, when it is released the processor starts. This first activates the boot loader which sends a byte and looks for a response to see if it need to load anything in. If after a certain time nothing is received then it executes the sketch that was previously down loaded. The default sketch (first time only) is a blinking LED. You might see some LED activity on the TX and RX lights as the boot loader looks for a down load. It is highly unlikely that the reset button is faulty.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was expecting to see activity on the TX/RX lights on the board next to the pin 13 led but ok thats fine, just trying in vain to narrow down any potential problems.

Thanks.