Reset button

Hello again,

Is there a reset function or code to transform a push button to a resset button? By reset i mean the same function as the reset button on the arduino.

Thx!

Why do you need to reset the Arduino?

Why do you wish for such a button?
What exactly is it you are trying to do?

If this is for your custom designed board - Reset is a pin of the microprocessor - just wire your button to do the right thing to that pin (bring it LOW) ... (see Atmel’s recommended Reset Circuit - internal PULLUP n’ont good enough in noisy environments, so a "stronger" pull-up plus a capacitor are recommended, possibly even a diode)

Hi, Isn't there a Reset Vector location that you could jump to in assembler?

I THINK:

0x0000 points to the nominal Reset vector. That memory location contains an JMP instruction to the start of your application code. Normally this jump instruction at address 0x0000 is executed whenever one of these events happen: Reset, Power-on, Brown-out or ...

terryking228:
Hi, Isn't there a Reset Vector location that you could jump to in assembler?

executing address zero doesn't reset GPIO pins to inputs for example

There was a recap on this here

odometer:
Why do you wish for such a button?
What exactly is it you are trying to do?

I know the reset function on the arduino works.

But I want iff I click once : reset
long click : on/of

pert:
Why do you need to reset the Arduino?

Vivianne:

Reset = an operation on the reset pin of the microprocessor
On/off = an operation on the power supply

If you want to implement this in code - You need to think what it means when your processor is actually powered off… something needs to happen in hardware to turn power on again.

There is an alternative which is not full power off that can be implemented as a sleeping mode and wake up through an interrupt