Reset on Arduino Uno

i want to Reset the Arduino Board every 1 hours, there are three ways in http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/ArduinoReset,

is this work ? this method "connecting a wire to the "reset" pin from some other (output) Arduino pin -- apparently often works" ?

and the meaning of reset here is look like turn off and then turn in the board ?

If you mean every hour, as to a certain time of day, you need external components - if not your arduino will be slightly off by 1-2 seconds every hour; might not sound like much, but after a month its up to 20-25 minutes delayed.

If you need 1 hour of processing time between each reset, you should simply be able to reset itself as to make connection to the reset pin, by emulating a button press. That should work afaik.

MR_HONG:
and the meaning of reset here is look like turn off and then turn in the board ?

If you do a power-on reset, your sketch starts almost immediately.
If you do an external reset, the bootloader starts and tries to catch incoming data which takes some time, depending on the bootloader version. Also, the serial pins are used by the bootloader, so you should not use them for other purposes like the catapult seat :slight_smile:

Tell us WHY you want to reset the chip every hour. You don't do this with your PC, do you?

MR_HONG:
I want to Reset the Arduino Board every 1 hours,

That is an extremely strange request.

It is almost certain you are intending to do something wrong.

Yet again - "XY problem".

{Looking at your previous posts, I suspect you actually want to reset a shield. In which case, you wire the reset pin of the shield to an Arduino pin and program the Arduino to do this when it determines the shield has locked up. If the Arduino itself is locking up, you use the watchdog timer to reset it - that is precisely what it is for.}