Resettable Relay

.Hello Everyone!

i am building a project that a relay is connected with a arduino. when a current reading reach a maximum value the relay will cut off the connection where the arduino is powered up it will also turn off. btw the power source of relay is ac. is it possible to manually turn on the relay or closed the circuit so the connection of the arduino will turn on it then the scenario will be the same. if the current reading didnt reach the relay still active. thankyou

jlusman:
.Hello Everyone!

i am building a project that a relay is connected with a arduino. when a current reading reach a maximum value the relay will cut off the connection where the arduino is powered up it will also turn off. btw the power source of relay is ac. is it possible to manually turn on the relay or closed the circuit so the connection of the arduino will turn on it then the scenario will be the same. if the current reading didnt reach the relay still active. thankyou

I think a schematic or at least a block diagram would get you a quicker answer. Please.

Paul

btw the power source of relay is ac.

If you're saying the relay has an AC coil then of course the Arduino can't directly drive/control that so you'll need another relay with a low-voltage coil to control that one.

is it possible to manually turn on the relay or closed the circuit so the connection of the arduino will turn on it then the scenario will be the same. if the current reading didnt reach the relay still active.

You probably just need a momentary pushbutton switch in parallel with the relay contacts.... Push the button, everything powers-on, the relay contacts close, and you can release the pushbutton.

Please be careful with power line voltages and make sure the Arduino is electrically isolated from the AC. (A power supply will provide isolation for the DC power and a relay can provide isolation on the outputs.)

jlusman:
.Hello Everyone!

I’ve read that paragraph several times and can’t understand it. Start again and explain more clearly. Explain
what you have, how its connected, what behaviour you want.

Isn't that called a CIRCUIT BREAKER ? (or am I missing something?
If the circuit breaker is in series with the AC load but the arduino is in a separate ac loop then the motor can shut off when the current is too high but the arduino will stay on because it is a separate ac branch.
(think of is like outlets on a power strip, where each outlet has it's own current limit value)