Resetting MEGA ADK with RF remote

Hi,

I bought an RF remote http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6085451055.html (last picture, whith the 3 wires on it)
for my little project, it works awesome, when I connect it to a digital pin, all works splendid.

but now I realize that it would be better for my project that i could reset the µCU by remote, so all my parameters would return to their original state.

i've been trying some things, but nothing seems to work.
the RF Remote receiver has 3 connections on it who are wired
GND - VCC and OUT
VCC is 5 volt, GND = 0 and when the relais is triggered by the receiver, the output is at 5volts

I tried to put the output to the GND on the µCU, i've tried the output to the RST pin as well ... no good luck

of course i have to keep the remote receiver on VCC and GND to operate properly, otherwise the receiver won't work. and the signal of the RF transmitter will not be detected

there are also 2 more outputs available on the PCB of the receiver, being NO & NC, but these are not wired by the seller.

does anyone have an idea if this could possible work with the receiver, or is this wishfull thinking of me and should i just stick to a wired toggle switch between RST and GND to reset the µCU?

would it make a difference if I have the receiver an external (same powersupply) 5V and GND to make it work, and then connected the OUT to the µCU, instead off giving it the 5V & GND from the MEGA ADK?

Grtz,
Yves

To reset the arduino you need to pull 'reset' pin to ground.

there are also 2 more outputs available on the PCB of the receiver, being NO & NC, but these are not wired by the seller.

Assuming the relay is this one...

Is the top red + and the second red/black with blue circle & cross the relay contacts and the relay will still click when the RF button is pressed even if neither of these wires are connected?
I so then connecting the upper red + wire to GND and the second wire (with blue cross) to reset pin should work.

NORMALLY

COM, NO, NC are connections to a rely (common, normally open, normally closed)

when activated there should be contact between COM and NO
Not activated contact between COM and NC
Normally this connections are not connected in any way to the circuits of the receiver, normally

You should NEVER connect both Vcc (plus) and GND (minus) directly from the power source to the COM, NO, NC conections, in some conditions it will make a short.

With the information and the photo of the receiver can't I say more.

Pelle