resetting w5100 and w5500

Hello,

is there a better function than Ethernet.begin to reset the w5100/5500? By better I mean that preserves the net params and is faster? something like resync only

Thanks

is there a better function than Ethernet.begin to reset the w5100/5500?

You can soft-reset the chip by setting the RST bit in the MR register to 1. But that resets all registers to their default values, so it's probably not what you're looking for.

something like resync only

What do you mean by resync?

If regs are reset than I guess they must be reloaded by whatever internet.begin loads plus mt own mac value.

Resync is a layer one disable renable. As far as i recall, there's a continuous transmission of some kind if idle so that when a packet is assembled it can be transmitted wo delay. Resync would stop and resrart that, something resembling rg45 unplug replug

If regs are reset than I guess they must be reloaded by whatever internet.begin loads plus mt own mac value.

Yes.

Resync is a layer one disable renable. As far as i recall, there's a continuous transmission of some kind if idle so that when a packet is assembled it can be transmitted wo delay. Resync would stop and resrart that, something resembling rg45 unplug replug

As far as I know the WizNet5100 doesn't support control over the low level network hardware. Out of my curiosity, what application needs a reset on the physical layer?

The story is described here
In short, the statement if(server.available) has its duration spontaneously increasing from say d to 1.6d (e.g from 84 to 136us) for a period of ~ 30' and I failed to find the reason so far so I am -reluctantly- looking for a workaround to force it back to the low duration it has upon startup w/o restarting the machine