Resistive Touch Pad Midi Controller for Kaoss Pad

I have used an arduino mini for ADC of a 4 wire resistive touchpad, along with a momentary push to make button and blinkm LED, to send midi CC to a korg kaoss pad.

The push button is used to actuate the hold feature of the kaoss pad, while the pad controls the pad (intuitively).

The blinkm cycles through random hues under the pre-stored script "mood light". When the pad is touched the blinkm changes hue in response to values from the pad.

I haven't used a separate touchpad controller (so no ps2 library needed!). This will be eventually mounted in a guitar much like the Manson Guitars made for Matt Bellamy (Muse)

See this video for a quick demo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qllUu3QGgRs

Gareth

That’s awesome dude, I love those Kaoss pads. :smiley:

Really nice project

Could you elaborate a bit about how you hooked up the touch pad and how you read it.

Thanks

Your videos been taken down.

I was wondering if you have any build information on this. This is almost exactly what I'm working on making myself, although I intend on doing mine over bluetooth to be a midi input to software.

Would be nice to have the video re-uploaded.

I was interested in doing a similar project but I am a little confused about yours. You have a touch pad being interfaced via MIDI with a touch pad MIDI controller?

Is this just so you can have the Kaoss pad seperate from the guitar? Or am I totally missing the point?

My plan was to use a PC/laptop to process the audio, as I cannot afford a kaoss pad. lol

Cheers

where on earth would i be able to find this code? it would be a life saver.

can anyone help me, I mounted my touchpad into my guitar and its cracked, I bought the kit off ebay but cant get just the pad itself, its a 4 wire 3.8 inches x 2.8 inches but cant find one anywhere, does anyone know where I can get one in the UK? cheers for any help at all

can anyone help me, I mounted my touchpad into my guitar and its cracked, I bought the kit off ebay but cant get just the pad itself, its a 4 wire 3.8 inches x 2.8 inches but cant find one anywhere, does anyone know where I can get one in the UK? cheers for any help at all

Well thankfully most touch pads work the same, so my advice to you is to buy a nintendo DS replacement touch pad. im 90% sure it will work.

where's Gareth gone?