Resistive touchscreen with arduino

Hello,
I want to buy a 4 wire resistive touchscreen and connect it up to my arduino. I just want to buy the top panel as I need to record x and y coordinates of where the touchscreen has been pressed.

Is it possible to just plug the 4 wires straight into the arduino or do I need to get external circutry?
These are the models I am currently considering(the screen has to be fairly big):

DMC AST-121A080A
FTAS00-15AN-4
NC01111-T222

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

I would recommend you have a look at the following Application Note

AVR341: Four and five-wire Touch Screen Controller

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/doc8091.pdf

It talkes about the technologie, requirements for a touch screen controller, software flow and code example.

Depending on your expertise it seems to be possible to get this running on an Arduino without external circutry. The example code is written for the IAR compiler and will give you a good head start to ether port this yourself or find a library you can use or modify.

I am new to the forum like you, for next time I would recommend you make it easier for people to help you. For isntance, some links to known/save websites (e.g. manufacturer or dsitributor) with information about the product would allow people to quickly have a look at the data sheet.

Good luck with your project. :)