Resistor for RGB LED Ring ( 12bit WS2812)

I have the following RGB LED Ring: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-RGB-LED-Ring-24Bit-WS2812-5050-RGB-LED-Integrated-Drivers/32787336145.html

I am wiring it up as per the attached diagram.

Should I connect it via any resistors?

You should have a 500 ohm series resistor on the data line.

Already answered by AWOL while I was writing this, but I'll post it anyway since it contains some additional information:

According to the Adafruit NeoPixel Best Practices guide:

you should put a 300 to 500 Ohm resistor between the Arduino data output pin and the input to the first NeoPixel. You should also add a capacitor (1000 µF, 6.3V or higher) across the + and – terminals.

"NeoPixels" is just Adafruit's marketing fluff term for the WS2812 (or clones thereof) used on your LED ring. So anything you see in the NeoPixel documentation also applies to your LEDs, even though they aren't branded as such.

Thanks @pert and @AWOL - much appreciated.

I have never used the series resistor, and had no problems; i think its important if the data line (between controller and start of string) is long though.

The 1000uF cap is excessive for just 12 leds. Id consider 47uF to be sufficient if the power supply was solid.

DrAzzy:
I have never used the series resistor, and had no problems; i think its important if the data line (between controller and start of string) is long though.

True enough, but Mike points out a second justification; if the NeoPixels and the Arduino do not share a common 5 V supply.