Retrieving data from Arduino

Me stupid…did not print it out or back up.

How can I retrieve from my Arduino it’s current programming. I want to duplicate the settings to build an additional product but lost it’s code when i installed another drive. My notes were useless as I had to make timing and delay changes to the Arduino and it works great…

Thanks

Basically how can I read what I wrote to the Arduino…

I know that a hex file can be read from some of the boards but its pretty complex stuff and that file will probably not be able to be read by the IDE as a sketch as it was compiled before putting it onto the arduino.

You would basically be trying to read machine code.

There are a few links on the web to the task you are trying to perform.

Simply, you can't. At least not as code you can edit with the IDE. Yes, you can read the hex and you can use that to program another Arduino/ATmega328p but editing it isn't as simple as programming C++.

I want to duplicate the settings to build an additional product but lost it's code when i installed another drive.

You can only duplicate the existing uC. Changes would not be possible.
Clone script

Still have the old hard disk? If it can be read, put in a USB enclosure... no need to be bootable, just need file system intact.

Ray

ajacobs2:
but lost it's code when i installed another drive.

You seriously need to explain this claim before going any further.

The solutions vary - to read a drive of most formats, use a Mint live DVD.

If the disk is damaged or corrupted, Spinrite is your only chance of salvaging it.

More on same topic here:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=403201.0

Corrupt link.