Retrieving GPS data via IIC or SPI

Hello all,

I have recently bought the GPS Shield at the link below:

The GPS has an IIC and a SPI interface; I want to retrieve data from the GPS using IIC or SPI.

In my research, I have seen the beautiful website of Dr Nick Gammon at the link below

He presents a case where an Arduino is connected to a Memory. The example has for title:
“Example of I2C to access EEPROM”.

Do you know how did he find out that the EEPROM address was 0x50? Can someone elaborate? In my understanding it is because by default line 8 and 5 are at one. Am I correct?

How do I give an address to the GPS? has anybody done a similar work before? Any code that can help me to start will be appreciated

I am using an Arduino MEGA2560.

Any input will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Cserge

Do you know how did he find out that the EEPROM address was 0x50?

There is an I2C scanner sketch floating around. It queries all the addresses possible, to see which one(s) respond. If there is only one I2C device connected, the address that excites the scanner code must be the address that the device has.

In my understanding it is because by default line 8 and 5 are at one. Am I correct?

I'm not even able to guess at what you are talking about, so I'd have to say no, you aren't.

"There is an I2C scanner sketch floating around."

Do you know where can i get that scanner sketch?

Many Thanks,

Cserge

I typed I2C Scanner in the search field. I got several hits. I'm sure you would have, too.