RF 433 MHz Transmitter-receiver Module Heat-problem, or not?

Hey there!
Im new to the Forums, and new to the whole Topic aswell tbh.
And yes, I did Google the problem. :smiley:

In my first Arduino project I'm using a small Transmitter(This one: http://www.instructables.com/id/RF-315433-MHz-Transmitter-receiver-Module-and-Ardu/)
So i finished the hardware today, and wanted to programm it now, but it didnt work, because as soon as I connected it with my PC via USB, the Arduino went on for a second and then off again. (At least the LEDs of it did.) So i thought the Arduino needed more Ampere to run. So i connected it with a Charger supplying 9V and 2000 mAh.
So the LEDs went on now, but the receiver module wich im using on this Arduino was so damn hot! was so hot I couldnt touch it for more than 1 Second.

So my question is: Is this normal or should I be worried?
and my second question is: Did i do anything else wrong?

Thanks for reading,
Shellsort

So my question is: Is this normal or should I be worried?

Be worried.

Did i do anything else wrong?

I would say yes but what is hard to tell because you told us so little about what you actually did.

I could send Pictures, would that help?

Shellsort:
I could send Pictures, would that help?

Yes.

Erm, can’t see a picture yet - something went wrong?

Please read this:-
How to use this forum

And this
image guide

I did read both and changed the google drive pictures to free for everyone, so the server should now have access to it.
Or you can just klick these links:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9MeYldQ4veheklqZWdQeE9SaE0/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9MeYldQ4vehQWFNVUY4VmlOWjg/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9MeYldQ4vehRUZpVG9IczlsLTg/view?usp=sharing

I did read both

But you decided to ignore them hey!

Or you can just klick these links:

Lets face it, if you payed attention to what you claim to have read, then you would also know how to post links so people could click on them as well.

Look Google is evil they don't have URLs that people can embed. Move over from the dark side.

So I looked at the photos, because I am on my laptop. They are not very good as you can't see the wiring, the whole point of a photo is so that we can see where the wire starts and ends. That way we can see how you have wired it up.

Two problems. Using stranded wire like that will burn something up and it looks like you have the Battery and Ground reversed on the 433 Mhz Pcb.

Grumpy_Mike:
But you decided to ignore them hey!
Lets face it, if you payed attention to what you claim to have read, then you would also know how to post links so people could click on them as well.

Look Google is evil they don't have URLs that people can embed. Move over from the dark side.

So I looked at the photos, because I am on my laptop. They are not very good as you can't see the wiring, the whole point of a photo is so that we can see where the wire starts and ends. That way we can see how you have wired it up.

I didnt ignore it, it just didnt help. Actually I have already read the "How to use the Forum" before writing the Post, but whatever.

kprims:
Two problems. Using stranded wire like that will burn something up and it looks like you have the Battery and Ground reversed on the 433 Mhz Pcb.

Im going to look that up, thanks man!

You definitely have VCC and ground connected backwards on the receiver.

aarg:
You definitely have VCC and ground connected backwards on the receiver.

Almost certainly this - when you abuse the power rails on those cheap receivers, it instantly blows the LM358 which fails to near-short.

When you see an overcurrent condition and you're not using anything that should draw a lot of current, your response should not be to hook up a bigger power supply, but rather to figure out what is wrong with your wiring that causes it to draw excessive current.

In any case, those cheap green 433mhz receivers suck. You want one of these bad boys - I've used them (the yellow ones - can't vouch for the red ones, though I suspect they're comparable) - super cheap, much better range, and they work beautifully even with 3.3v supply. rxb12 433mhz | eBay (no specific endorsement of any particular vendor, just of the design)
Works with the usual 433mhz transmitters - it's a drop-in replacement.

I didnt ignore it, it just didnt help.

What!
It told you all the things you were doing wrong. If you can't understand the instructions how are you going to understand any advice you get?

It still gets hot af even when with correct wires.

The module was probably destroyed the first time it was connected backwards.