RF comunication

Hi, I have one Arduino nano connected to an temperature sensor, and every 30minutes it sends the value via 433mhz transmiter to an arduino uno. Then, the arduino uno sends the value to a webserver via ethernet.

My problem is if i want to know the temperature during the 30min period I can't.

Do you see any problem in having the nano sending the values every 5minutes and then the arduino uno only uploads to the web server when i want.

Is it to much processing for the arduino to send every 5minutes since it's conected 24/7?

thanks!

I am sure the arduino can send the values faster than once a second if you want. Your choice. You have the power.

why would you wait every 30 minutes to update the website, if it is added every minute, by using a database on the webserver you then can track the temperature changes versus just looking at the current temperature.

why would you wait every 30 minutes to update the website

Who said anything about a web site? A web SERVER is something else entirely.

Really Paul?, usually your comments are snippy which I enjoy, but when you post anything, its to a website which happens to be on a web server.

thanks! I know the arduino can send in "real time" the actual temperature, It's just a question of what seems a good choice or not... I will probabily program the arduino to send the temperature every 5 minutes (wich is ok for what i want) and then on the other arduino that connects to the internet I will post the values to a php page and then to a mysql database every 30minutes or when i request the arduino to post them. I choose not to post every 5 minutes because I really don't need the values every 5 minutes, but ocasionally i would like to get the most up to date value, this way the max diference that i can get is 5 minutes and I won't be filling the database for nothing!

thanks for the help :D

but when you post anything, its to a website which happens to be on a web server.

No. You make a GET request, or a POST request, to a script that happens to be on a server. The output from that script might be an html stream that can be rendered in a browser. THAT is what people refer to as a web site. You can NOT post data to a web site.

Send the temperature every 30 minutes, and when it changes more than 0.5 degrees. In that way you can minimize the data and have more up to date temperature.