RF emulator controller

so... i have a teensy 2.0 and teensyduino installed, for hid emulation.

my question is, is the transmit rate of a pair NRF24L01 rf modules or hc05 modules sufficient to build arduino based rf/bluetooth controllers to transmit keypresses to a teensy? or would it be too slow, and result in choppy movement in game?

tooandrew:
so... i have a teensy 2.0 and teensyduino installed, for hid emulation.

my question is, is the transmit rate of a pair NRF24L01 rf modules or hc05 modules sufficient to build arduino based rf/bluetooth controllers to transmit keypresses to a teensy? or would it be too slow, and result in choppy movement in game?

The 24L01 has the bandwidth but that bandwidth may receive interference which results in packet retransmit. Interference will increase as the transmitter and receiver are further separated (because Signal drops and Noise increases: SNR) so as the disclaimer states, Your results will vary...

Ray

thank you ray. would the bluetooth module be a better choice? the distance would not be more than 15 feet at any given point. i just hate cords.

tooandrew:
thank you ray. would the bluetooth module be a better choice? the distance would not be more than 15 feet at any given point. i just hate cords.

Bluetooth is used in many remote controllers. If a ,"class 1" module, I would say very good expectations.

Most likely however, you will use a class 1/2 as the base and a class 2 as remote for power considerations.

Class 2 to class 2 easily meets the range requirement, but high motion of the remote may cause signal dropout. Having a higher power base is unlikely to make a difference however as the class 1 receiver is similar to class 2 receive.